In 1973 the sign was designated as a landmark by the Los Angeles Cultural Heritage Board and
labelled as a Cultural Historical Monument #111.
As darkness falls over London, the Hollywood Nights show lights up the Hollywood ‘H’ with an unforgettable projection show of the greatest moments from the past 100 years of film, forming a backdrop to spectacular musical theatre tributes to some of the best-loved musicals in Hollywood’s history directed by Internationally acclaimed Creative Director and Choreographer Nathan Clarke.
Attractions at the Heart of Hollywood Tour include:
- The ‘H’ from the Hollywood sign – the centrepiece of the show is the original letter ‘H’ from the iconic Hollywood sign, known globally as the entertainment industry trademark. This is its first appearance in public for 40 years. Visitors can follow in the footsteps of Hollywood greats like Marilyn Monroe, John Wayne and Charlie Chaplin, who all touched the sign for good luck.
- Hollywood Memorabilia Exhibition – get up close and personal with some of Hollywood’s most famous items from the Hollywood Museum and private collections. The impressive exhibition features items including Elvis Presley’s black stage suit and gold ring, a signed fedora from Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe’s dresses and jewellery, costume memorabilia from the Wizard of Oz’s most loved characters, Alfred Hitchcock’s sketches, and Christopher Reeve’s Superman costume.
- Hollywood Art Gallery – an exclusive exhibition of the artwork of respected artist Bill Mack. Artworks include original paintings of Hollywood starlets on to other parts of the old Hollywood sign, and original Hollywood pictures featuring personal effects from the subject – from Marilyn Monroe’s hair to Steve McQueen’s t shirt. This will be the first time Mack’s Hollywood collection has exhibited in London and will include his revered paintings of Audrey Hepburn, the ‘Godfather’ Marlon Brando, Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra.
There is something quite impressive about being quite literally in the shadow of this iconic letter from an iconic sign. And just as the Hollywood sign has acted as a backdrop to so many films and television shows over 95 years, so the letter ‘H’ was used as a backdrop to a 90-minute tour of some of the most iconic song and dance routines from over 100 years of movies. Using the ‘H’ as a projection screen that animated for each number, a ten-strong dance troop performed on the stage.
- 45ft tall x 33.5ft wide with a total weight of 95 tons.
- The sign was designed and installed by Londoneer, Thomas Fisk Goff.
- The original sign was thought lost until it came up for auction in 2005.
The iconic Heart of Hollywood Tour will launch in association with the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board, and the Savoy Hotel.
The Heart of Hollywood Tour information:
Dates: 21st June – 17th July 2018
Location: O2 arena
Nearest tube: North Greenwich
Tickets: Adult: £20 + £3.25 booking fee
Concession: £15 + £2.75 booking fee
Child: £10 + £2.75 booking fee
Tickets can be purchased now from O2.co.uk
Attraction tickets allow you to spend one-hour in the exhibition
Further information: www.heartofhollywoodtour.com
Hollywood Nights show information:
Dates: 22nd / 23rd / 28th / 29th / 30th June & 5th / 6th / 7th / 12th / 13th / 14th July 2018
Times: 7:30pm – 10:30pm
Tickets: General admission tickets £49, concession £30
VIP tickets – £140 adults, concession £60
Tickets are on sale soon.
VIP tickets are available offering full access to the Heart of Hollywood exhibition, plus unlimited food and drinks.