Cinema Technical Manager – Electric Cinema Portobello
Salary: £32-34,000 p.a, + Company Benefits
Who We Are
Soho House is a collection of private members’ clubs, hotels, cinemas and restaurants, spread across UK, Europe, North America and Asia.
The Electric Cinema Portobello is a single screen, turn of the 20th century cinema. One of the oldest working cinemas in the UK, it’s history is as much of an attraction as the films we show. Located at the heart of Portobello Road, the Electric Portobello is an established hub of the community, a popular a tourist attraction and favourite destination among cinema goers.
Inside it holds 83 seats, a bespoke mechanical screen, original features from the 1900s, leather upholstered seats and even beds in the front row. It also houses a fully-licenced bar.
A popular option for privately hired screenings, our services range from premieres to press launches, corporate entertaining and birthday parties.
The site is fully digital and fitted with 2K digital projection, 3D and satellite capabilities.
We are looking for a Cinema Technical Manager to oversee our cinema technical operations at the Electric Cinema Portobello.
The position requires a wide range of skills including knowledge and experience in all forms of film and video formats; AV/IT knowledge and experience is preferred as well as the ability to work with different computer systems. Working knowledge and experience of Vista Box Office software would be considered favourably.
To work a varied rota split over five days, with an emphasis on evening shifts as well as weekend work when required.
- Full responsibility for the cinema and box office operations of the site as required in all film and digital video formats as well as a comprehensive knowledge of alternative content options.
- Maintenance of all projection equipment with a strength in diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- To be knowledgeable in additional AV equipment across the rest of the building.
- To be the main point of contact with our guests, members and private clients regarding all technical needs and responsibility for sourcing additional hire equipment when necessary.
Administration / Site Management:
- Work closely with the group Film Transport Manager to ensure that the process for the receipt, presentation, preparation and despatch of films and content keys is systematic and effective.
- Preparation of projection and Box Office staff rota and responsibility for ensuring all holiday is covered.
- Write weekly reports on cinema to be shared with site GMs and Director of Cinema for distribution.
- Deal with all relevant guest enquiries and complaints.
- Ensure the cinema’s compliance within local license requirements.
Candidates should have a minimum of five years technical cinema experience and have had experience in managing a team and multiple screens. They will need to be comfortable liaising with clients, be flexible and with a readiness to be completely hands-on. They will also need to be ready to be in charge of a large volume of print traffic with a keen eye for detail and pride in their work. Candidates will be required to work 50 hours a week over five shifts, with some evening work expected as well as weekend work when needed. Salary range between £32,000-£35,000/annum to include company benefits.
If you are interested and would like to be considered for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to Pat Wakeley: email@example.com.
Applications should reach us by 6pm on Monday 9th March